AMD’s Ryzen 7000 “Zen 4” Desktop CPUs and AM5 motherboard platform will be unveiled in less than 24 hours. According to AMD, the emergence will occur on August 29th at 7:00 PM ET.
Get Ready, AMD’s “Zen 4” Ryzen 7000 Desktop CPU & AM5 Platform Unveil Is Only 24 Hours Away; tune in to The Livestream here
As per AMD’s press statement, the ceremony will center on next-generation PC products, specifically the AMD Ryzen 7000 “Zen 4” CPUs, the all-new AM5 platform, and the DDR5 EXPO DRAM, which will be just as crucial as the CPUs taken by an individual. Now that there is some misunderstanding regarding the event, we will clarify. The ceremony will focus on the forthcoming products’ specifications, prices, and sales launch date. The products will be announced, but they will not be available for purchase until September. You can also visit our full Ryzen 7000 CPU family (Specs/Prices) and X670E motherboard roundups by clicking on the links below:
- AMD Ryzen 7000 “Zen 4 CPU (Specs/Performance/Pricing) Roundup
- AMD X670E Motherboards (Specs/Pricing/Features) Roundup
According to our earlier study, the AMD Ryzen 7000 “Zen 4” Desktop CPUs were scheduled to be released on September 15th, which motherboard distributors also mentioned. Moreover, the dates may be changed, and sales have been shifted to September 27th, a month after the official launch later this month.
None of it is fixed in stone, but AMD verified one of their previous relationships, which we initially revealed earlier this month. Moreover, the manufacturer may adhere to its original release plan, which would benefit consumers. That they begin sales on the same day that Intel reveals their 13th Gen Raptor Lake Desktop CPUs. Only AMD will be able to confirm this during the event.
We disclosed the 15th and 27th of September dates first, so if AMD wishes to continue with sales on both dates, it will be a verification of just what we disclosed.
AMD Ryzen’ Zen 4′ Desktop CPU Expected Features:
- Up to 16 Zen 4 Cores and 32 Threads Provide a 15% Performance Improvement in Single-Threaded Applications.
- New Zen 4 CPU Cores (IPC / Architectural Upgrades)
- TSMC 5nm process node with 6nm IOD is brand new.
- 25% Improvement in Performance Per Watt vs Zen 3 >35% Improvement in Overall Performance vs Zen 3 8-10% Improvement in Instructions Per Clock (IPC) vs Zen 3 Support on AM5 Platform with LGA1718 Socket New X670E, X670, B650E, B650 Motherboards
- DDR5 Dual-Channel Memory Supports DDR5-5600 Native (JEDEC) Speeds
- There are 28 PCIe lanes (CPU Exclusive)
- TDPs 105-120W (Upper Bound Range 170W)
We will undoubtedly host the Livestream here, so tune in on August 29th for lots of exciting AMD announcements. Meanwhile, you can YouTuber Technetium’s excellent AMD Ryzen Zen 4 7000 “Introduction” video to get more information.
AMD Ryzen 7000 ‘Raphael’ Desktop CPU Specs (Official):
|CPU NAME||ARCHITECTURE||PROCESS NODE||CORES / THREADS||BASE CLOCK||BOOST CLOCK (SC MAX)||CACHE||TDP||PRICES (TBD)|
|AMD Ryzen 9 7950X||Zen 4||5nm||16/32||4.5 GHz||5.7 GHz||80 MB (64+16)||170W||$699 US|
|AMD Ryzen 9 7900X||Zen 4||5nm||12/24||4.7 GHz||5.6 GHz||76 MB (64+12)||170W||$549 US|
|AMD Ryzen 7 7700X||Zen 4||5nm||8/16||4.5 GHz||5.4 GHz||40 MB (32+8)||105W||$399 US|
|AMD Ryzen 5 7600X||Zen 4||5nm||6/12||4.7 GHz||5.3 GHz||38 MB (32+6)||105W||$299 US|